[Ascendos-dev] Troy hired by Red Hat

Andrew Cutler andrew at ascendos.org
Fri Aug 26 10:14:00 EST 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 8:38 AM, Shawn Thompson <shawn at ascendos.org> wrote:
> Yes, I got the memo too -- Troy Dawson, one of our assistants (and now
> former SL head, due to this news), has been hired by Red Hat to work on
> OpenShift. I would like to wish him luck at his new job, and we hope that
> given the importance of RH to our project here, that his work will help make
> our systems more flexible in the future for cloud-based services, and it
> will hopefully not dramatically affect our progress, since he has been quite
> a help so far.

News sure travels fast. Seems it's pretty big news all round the webs.
Made /. too.

Thank you Troy, for all your help to date, especially getting the
build servers, building. And again we wish you all the best for the
future.

Troy has assured me that he's going to do his best to get all the 6.1
packages built before he leaves us. This should put us in a good
position for a handover.

-AC